Sunday, March 30, 2014

Under-Eye Circle Video

3-29-14

     I was curious about this video, because it seemed like a different way to use the Stamp Tool. I carefully studied the differences.

     It looks more like a Soft Brush Tool than a "Stamp". It's used for removing under-eye circles, pimples, and neck-lines (all useful things).

    The trick seems to be to go to the "Mode" of the Clone Stamp and change it to "Lighten". You have to change the Opacity lower, to 20%, to make the effect gradual & invisible.

     The recommended brush is big, soft, and round. You start by choosing a stamp from a light area. That's where the similarity to stamping stops. From then on, you hold the stamp down and "sweep" it over the area you want lightened.

     I took my original picture of Mary, and swept around her right eye. I didn't touch the left eye. The circles under the eye immediately disappeared.

     The affect was subtle,... too subtle. The rest of her face wasn't smoothing out with such a light touch. I swept all around her eye and her cheek. Directly below the eye looked good, but above the eye looked untouched.

     I got so bored with the lack of change that I had to stop. I did the right thing using the full Opacity "Stamp" when I did the homework project. I was looking for an alternative. This isn't it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib32GXYxeHQ

     Look at just the right eye that I did.








No comments:

Post a Comment