Monday, April 7, 2014

Color Crazy

4-7-2014

     I like to use a Mask on a Layer to change colors. I am very particular about colors. I want to get the exact shade and brightness, without looking opaque or blotchy.

     First, I Select the objects in the picture I want to change.
     Then, I Click on that Layer, in the Layer Panel.
     I go up to the Adjustment choices and click on the one that looks like a bunch of squares, on the left, second row down. That's the Hue/Saturation.

     A panel will pop out. You have to click the square on the bottom, with bent arrow sticking out of it. That will allow you to change the color of your object, without affecting the whole picture.

     Put a check mark in the box that says Colorize.

     Now you can play with the sliders that change the Lightness, Saturation, & Hue, to your heart's content.

     If you leave the panel, to do something else, and you want to come back to it: Click on your Layer, click on the square with the brackets around it (double click it if you have to, to get it's attention), then (still on your desired Layer) click on the round thing with the brackets around it, on the left side of your Layer (not the eye). This will make your color panel pop out again, so you can play with it some more.  Very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment