Thursday, April 10, 2014

"Vector Me Up, Scottie."

4-10-14

     This week, Lee taught us about Vectoring. Vectoring is about drawing lines in Photoshop. It's very similar to Adobe Illustrator.

     I didn't save the exercise we did in class, but because Lee gave us knowledge, I was able to do it again.

     Vectoring is done with the Pen Tool. It looks like an old fashioned pen that you would dip in ink. Do not put ink on your computer.

     We uploaded an image of a Logo from the internet. Then we traced over it, with the Pen Tool.

     We learned how to select the Shape Layer Group and change colors. It was very fun.

     You start with a "click" dot and make another "click" dot. You move the handle of the dot around to shape your picture. Before you let go, press Alt and bring your handle back in and tuck it around the edge, so you can make tight corners. Make sure you complete your shape, before quitting.

     I made a twirly image very similar to the logo I selected, but with jazzier colors.  I deleted the layer with the original logo, to save only my new image.  Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment